Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Clean up that Ribbon!

Do you happen to know someone who has a ribbon stash that looks like this?
You don't have to admit it, but I will. My name is Pepper, and I am a messy ribbon keeper.


It doesn't bother me every day. But... on the days that I actually NEED ribbon, I end up feeling like the mice on Cinderella unraveling their tails, hoping they aren't in a knot.


I saw this cute idea ages ago, and finally put it to use in my craft corner.

What you will need:
Doll pins
Regular pins
Messy ribbon waiting to be organized

What I did:
First was the annoying part. I had to untangle at least one ribbon for re-organizing.
Then starting with one loose end, I placed it between the open space on the doll pin.
Holding securely, I began to wrap the ribbon around the doll pin to one side.
Once I had wrapped to one side, I started wrapping in the other direction.
I continued back and forth until the ribbon was all wrapped up.
To end the task, I secured the end with one simple pin.

Extra tip: You can secure ribbon to it's original cardboard holder with one simple pin.
Sound simple? Because it is!
You would be surprised at how many crafters' don't secure their ribbon!

Go the extra mile and put your ribbon into a cute jar, bowl or vase.
It is like adding a decorative flower arrangement to your crafting area!


Are you in need of some reorganizing?

Cheers,



3 comments:

Mandy said...

cute! i have my ribbon stored on round clothes pins too and in glass jars! love it!

Leanne said...

I love ribbon and finding creative ways to store it. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday. I'll be featuring this.

Gwen said...

I saw this a while ago, and loved your idea! Finally did it in my scrapbooking area. :) http://flashbulbspurpleirises.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/cleaning-up-my-ribbons/

Thanks for the inspiration!