Friday, October 29, 2010

Easy Last-Minute Tutu

Need a quick, low-budget, last-minute Halloween costume for your little girl?

I just finished this cute hot pink tutu for my daughter's Halloween costume. Started and finished it during naptime; took me 40 minutes tops.


And here's the best part: it only cost me about $4 in materials!

What you need (these amounts are perfect for a 2- to 4-year-old):
  • Tulle: about 3 yards (I used only one color because the store had no black tulle, but it's adorable with multiple colors together!)
  • Ribbon: 60" of 1 1/2" ribbon (my daughter is 2 and this leaves plenty for a big bow in back)
  • Scissors: you don't have to use fabric scissors if you don't have any
  • Ruler
  • Your hands!

I followed the simple directions from this quick YouTube video. Big thanks to my friend, Amy, who's making a whole slew of tutus for her daughter's upcoming ballerina birthday party and who not only shared the video, but picked up the materials for me! Now that is a good friend. :)

My daughter is going to be a dancing black kitty for Halloween and she is going to look dang cute in this tutu! What are your kids going as this year?

Avoiding the massive bowl of candy in the hallway...




1 comment:

Melissa said...

I made a bundle of these for my daughter's fairy birthday party a few weeks ago. So much fun!

My kids are going as a cowboy, a Jedi, and Alice in Wonderland. But not the Alice everyone expects. She's the Alice from the new movie... in her armor... with her Vorpal Sword in hand :)