Thursday, May 27, 2010

Refinished Finds

Well! Let me tell you, this has been one busy house lately and I finally have something to show for myself.

As you know, I am a huge fan of finding great bargains. Who isn't? Anyway, I found two cast iron benches for sale on Craigslist a while ago. They were in fine working (sitting-on) condition, but the previous owners had done a poor paint job and the paint was peeling badly. In other words, I got a great deal on the pair!

As soon as I found them I knew I wanted to refinish them in a fun color to spruce up my yard a bit. And that's exactly what I did.

Here's the before picture, taken while I was power-washing the little monsters. Notice the lovely previous paint job on the bench in the rear:


Once they were dry, I primed them with a spray-on metal primer. Other than the resulting tired finger, this step was incredibly easy and will keep the paint from chipping off:


After the primer set, I painted them. I LOVE the color! I used Behr outdoor paint/primer-in-one paint. The color is called Dragonfly:


So happy to have that project finished and my yard looking happier! FYI: Behr paint is on sale this Memorial Day weekend ($5 off/gallon; $20 off/5-gallon). Now get painting!

Later, crafters,


No comments: