Monday, February 1, 2010

Simple Repurposing

Sometimes I get bored with the way things look around my place.

I mean, not all the time. Probably just once a day.

Anyway, one day I got tired of banging my head on our chandelier, so I decided the chain needed to be shorter. I made...I mean, I asked my husband to shorten it when he got home from work. He was like, "Why?" and I was like, "Seriously? I'm a shorty--there is no reason I should ever bump my head on anything!" Then he said, "You really are short."

I love when I win just by being short.

So after he was done raising the chandelier, I found this segment of chain piled up in the corner of the room. Then I looked at my buffet and noticed how boring my hurricane looked with only a candle in it. So I repurposed the chain and created this:


You're looking at that bird, aren't you? He just snuck right into the shot.

It took me all of 20 seconds to stick that chain in the hurricane. If you don't count the 40 minutes it took for my husband to shorten the chain in the first place, which I don't. He loves to climb around on ladders anyway. I was just helping him have some fun on a Tuesday evening, right?

Sometimes all you need to spice things up is to mix and match what you have laying around the house. It's free, it's easy and it gives you the opportunity to use your rockin' creative skillz at any time of day.

Now go repurpose something! And feel free to start simple, like I did here.

Later, peeps!



1 comment:

The Ahumadas said...

I'm so glad you guys are doing this! Now we can all benefit from your creativity, love the tutorials!